The Railwaymen Supporters Society (RSS) Board met on Wednesday 24th March to discuss the Sheldon Report and the situation at Crewe Alex Football Club. As a result, we can share the following information at this time:
- We have fully accepted the Sheldon Report and its findings. Our upmost sympathies are with all the Survivors for the pain that they have suffered and continue to suffer.
- We have received numerous items of correspondence from both members and non-members of the RSS regarding this subject.
- We believe that John Bowler should resign from all positions held at the club with immediate effect. This matches the opinion of the majority of fans from their correspondence to the RSS and from across social media.
- The RSS have already contacted John Bowler directly and made these feelings clear to him.
- The RSS Board will now offer to meet with the Survivors of the Abuse to understand what steps we can take going forwards. We have already had contact with one of the Survivors and will look to meet with them shortly.
We will continue to liaise with our members, the fans, the football club and the Survivors on this subject.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any further questions.